Pioneers For Change – Political Leadership Development Programme
February 22, 2010 16 Comments
Call for Applications for Training
PLDP is a joint initiative of The Youth Agenda and the Citizens Coalition for Constitutional Culture (4Cs), in partnership with The Friedrich Ebert Foundation (FES). Its overarching goal is to create a new political leadership culture in Kenya by identifying, attracting and training young Kenyans with outstanding political leadership qualities in order to produce a value-driven public leadership in a democratic and pluralistic society.
The training sessions are spread out over a period of one year, each session lasting for three (3) days. Successful applicants MUST attend all the training sessions.
Sponsorship in this programme is limited to tuition, training material and accommodation during the training sessions.
1. Applicants must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be between 18 and 35 years of age inclusive
- Have a minimum of “O” level education
- Have a proven track record of ongoing, verifiable and “hands on” in leadership work
- Have a demonstrated commitment to public affairs
- Be of unquestionable integrity and high moral character
2. In addition, applicants must be members and show evidence of affiliation or backing by an organization from any of the following categories:
- Political parties
- Civil society organisations
- Trade unions
3. Each application must be accompanied by the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A short essay or CD or audiovisual tape or DVD outlining the candidate’s worldview, motivation for participation and future plans relating to the training.
- Documentary evidence of past leadership responsibilities or undertakings.
- Letters of recommendation and endorsement from credible institutions to which they are affiliated
- An application fee of Ksh 1500 payable only by shortlisted applicants at the Assessment Centre
Applications in envelopes marked “PLDP Intake 6” should be sent to:
The PLDP Co-ordinator
The Youth Agenda
Kirichwa Lane, Off Ngong Road
P O Box 10174-00100, Nairobi
Deadline: 9th March 2010
Applicants who will not have received official communication by 19th March 2010 should consider themselves unsuccessful.