Call for applicants – Conference in Amsterdam November
September 1, 2011 Leave a comment
GNP+ would like to invite young people living with HIV to apply to attend a meeting in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, in November 2011.
The meeting will be the final part of a consultative process through which has been developed as a Leadership Programme for young people living with HIV, as a part of the Y+ Programme.
The first part of the consultative process begins with e-consultations and focus group discussions taking place in September and October.
The Y+ Leadership Programme will support young people living with HIV to acquire the skills and experience required to take on leadership roles within the positive community and throughout the HIV response, at the community, national, regional and global levels.
A small number of individuals are being sought to attend the consultative meeting in November (1-2) 2011, in Amsterdam, with a number of other YPLHIV and established leaders and key stakeholders.
The purpose of the meeting is to get a fuller understanding of the leadership capacity needs of YPLHIV and what enablers and challenges exist to enhance this capacity. This will inform the final stage of the programme design process.
You are eligible to apply if:
- You are under the age of 30 and openly living with HIV.
- You are able to speak fluent English, as the meeting will be conducted in English.
- You are connected to a community, national, regional or global network of people living with HIV or young people living with HIV.
- You have experience at the community, national, regional or global level in the HIV response.
- You have some experience of other leadership support programmes.
Please send your CV (Resume) and a statement of interest, explaining why you would be a suitable participant in this meeting (no more than 750 words). Also include a reference letter from a colleague or mentor who can support your application.
Please send these documents in an email with your full name and contact details to email@example.com before CoB (GMT+1) Wednesday 7th September.
For more event announcements, visit