May 7, 2012 Leave a comment
The Unreasonable Institute has partnered with Semester at Sea to launch this accelerator on a ship as it travels more than 25,000 nautical miles around the globe to 14 international destinations.
Over the course of the 100 day accelerator, the 10 companies we work with will have the chance to:
- explore the local economies of 14 countries where they will experiment in taking their technology to market and will bridge connections with top government officials, foundations, venture capitalists, and serial entrepreneurs,
- bring 2-3 core members of their founding team for the entirety of the program
- be mentored by 20 world-class serial entrepreneurs and innovators who will join us on the ship,
- be connected to and form relationships with top-tier globally centric venture capital funds and foundations,
- go through an intensive accelerator led by the founder of the Unreasonable Institute and the founder of Stanford’s d-school,
- live, travel, and work with 9 other extraordinary companies and their teams,
- live, mentor, and learn from the over 600 undergraduates who will be studying abroad on Semester at Sea throughout the entire voyage, and
- circumnavigate the globe on Semester at Sea’s MV Explorer (fastest cruise-liner in the world).