April 2, 2010 Leave a comment
Dates: 21 June – 20 July 2010
Are you interested in Buddhism and Buddhist approaches to peace building?
Would you like to learn how to develop your own inner peace so that you can more effectively engage in your peace work?
The Peace Revolution Project is now accepting applications for the 2010 Fellowship in Thailand. The Fellowship is open to all young peace activists who believe that Inner Peace + Outer Peace = Sustainable World Peace
Aims of the Program
- Study and practice inner peace techniques with youth working on peace from around the world.
- Learn about Buddhism and Thai Buddhist culture.
- Participate or volunteer in the biggest Mass Ordination Ceremony of 100,000 Thai monks.
- Attend the Peace Revolution workshop to develop their peace activist abilities.
Youth aged between 18-30 years old. Up to thirty peace activists will be selected to attend.
- Deadline for online application (need a visa to enter to Thailand) – 22 April 2010
- Deadline for online application (no need for visa to enter to Thailand) – 1 May 2010
- Be 18-30 years old at the time of submitting the application;
- Have completed at least 1 month of the Peace Revolution online self-development program;
- Have good proficiency in written and spoken English language;
- Be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace.
- Week 1-3: Peace Revolution Retreat (focus on Meditation and Buddhist Studies)
- Week 4: Attend the biggest Mass Ordination Ceremony of 100,000 monks in Thailand and Peace Revolution workshop.
Peace Revolution will provide food and accommodation for all participants in the fellowship program. There is also a limited grant scheme to cover participants′ flights to Thailand. Please ask if you would like to apply for funding for your airfare.
Please submit your online application at http://www.peacerevolution2010.org/modules/profiles/apply-for-the-agency-II and
start the online self-development program today via
For further detail, please contact Ping Ping, Project Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org